We decided to celebrate our 3rd week of blogging at More Than Mommies with a giveaway!
A while back I received a few copies of the book What to Expect the Toddler Years from whattoexpect.com. They asked me to review them and then told me that I could do whatever I wanted to do with them. They mentioned giving them to friends or family . . . so, since you all are my friends (you are my friends, right?) I decided to give them to 2 of you!
When the whattoexpect.com people asked me what book I wanted I knew right away that What to Expect When You are Expecting was out. I had already given birth to the 4 children I am going to have. I actually wasn't sure I needed any of them because Nate is already 6 and I have been through the Terrible Twos. Why would I need to know about them again?
Well - quite simply because no two two year olds are alike! My twins reinforced that truth when they hit their Terrible Twos - which is completely different than Nate or Danika's Terrible Twos and completely different from one another's. I decided that I needed some help with a few issues I'd never had to deal with before...
- Biting (which Dean turned to as his main expression of frustration)
- Weight issues (David is a lot smaller than his brothers or sisters ever were at his age)
- Fear of the Dark (the other kids seemed to love to sleep in the dark but Dean is petrified of it!)
- Security Blanket (David is the first and only child of mine to have one of these)
Of course, I also went back and revisited some of the other issues that I figured I may benefit from some "Professional" advice on.
- Getting rid of the Binky
- When to stop the bottle and switch to a cup
- How to know when they are ready to potty train
- What they should be eating (and what they shouldn't)
The book was a handy reference for me. I think it would have been even handier for someone who hasn't already gone through a Terrible Two Year Old . . . but I still liked looking at it for advice and reassurance that "this too shall pass".
So - Do you want a copy? Know someone who would benefit from it? Just want to enter the first ever contest at More Than Mommies?
Here's how to do it:a Rafflecopter giveaway Contest lasts 1 week - winners will be decided on Saturday, March 10th. US residents only. We will contact the winner and they will have 48 hours to respond. We will then ship the books to them and pay all shipping costs! Good Luck!