Easter is almost here! On Thursday I needed to look for some inspiration for what kind of treat to take to my daughter's Easter party on Wednesday. Where do you go for inspiration on the internet? Pinterest, of course!
I thought that I would share some of my Easter Finds from Pinterest here on More Than Mommies, My Finds Monday! We would love to follow you on Pinterest if we don't already! Leave us a comment with a link for your page so that we can find you or head over to More Than Mommies Pinterest Profile and follow us! We will follow you back - we love new ideas and sharing!
1) From Taste of Home: Peeps Sunflower Cake - Peeps are one of the cutest (most colorful) things that show up only at Easter. I know what you're thinking . . . Easter Eggs, too - I'll get to that. This sunflower cake would look adorable on an Easter table as a dessert after Easter dinner. I am sure that you could make any kind of cake, fill it with something or even do this on top of a chocolate creme pie!
2) Eclectic Recipes: Peep S'mores - These are actually the treat I decided to make for my daughter's Easter party. I'm planning on making them the day before because of time constraints so the chocolate won't be melted but I'm pretty sure they will be a hit none the less.
3) Brown Paper Packages: Bunny Bait - I'm thinking of making these for treats for Danika's class and maybe even for Nate's class. They look simple enough and I know that it would be easy for the kids to help. I just have to make it to the store to get all the ingredients!
4) Family Volley: Egg Wrestling - I have never done this but Christine has and I'm planning on trying it with the kids this Easter. "Theory states that when eggs hit, only one will actually crack, not both. Hence the reason you can wrestle and have a winner." I'm a bit of a doubter but if it works then we definitely have a new tradition!
5) Geeky Housewife: 50 uses for Plastic Eggs - I love this one! So many uses and most of them ones I would have NEVER thought of . . . I mean, who thinks of putting band-aids in an egg and keeping it in your purse? I NEED to do that because my Danika absolutely NEEDS a band-aid when she gets the smallest little scratch. One time I actually open up a box of band-aids and then buy them after I put it on her so that she would stop screaming.
6) Family Volley: More Than Candy - Don't want to worry about the chocolate in your Easter eggs melting after the Easter Bunny hides them? Here's a few ideas for things to put into eggs other than candy!
There you go! I'd love to hear about some of your traditions and see some of the great finds you came across for Easter!