Can you believe it is JULY already?!?! I have to say that this summer is FLYING by and I know that it will only speed up after the 4th of July . . . which is on WEDNESDAY!!!
Speaking of the 4th of July (you knew this was going somewhere, right?), my sister, niece and daughter made some really awesome tee shirts that I would like to share with you. The original idea came from the Family Fun website. (click on the link to see a video presentation of how to make the shirts - not me but still worth watching if you are going to give this a try!)
The shirts were pretty easy to make and you really don't need too many items.
Here's what you need:
- tee shirts (we used red and white)
- metallic or glitter fabric paint (we bought some at Michael's - not the "puffy paint" actual paint)
- paper plates
- paper plates
- newspaper or cardboard
- pipe cleaners
The process is REALLY simple!
Here's what you do:
1) Put cardboard or newspaper inside the shirts so that the paint doesn't "bleed" through to the back of the shirt.
2) Make a pipe cleaner "stamps": (you will need one stamp for each color paint)
Take 4 pipe cleaners and bend them in half.
Then, you twist them and open up the ends.
It will look something like this:
3) Squirt your fabric paint onto a paper plate.
4) Dip your "stamps" into the paint and then stamp them onto the tee shirts!
5) Let them dry and then ENJOY!
They (a term I use loosely because my sister made 8 out 10 of them) made enough so that my parents and all of their kids and grandchildren could wear them. Of course, that is an AMAZING photo op! (Many thanks to my photog friend, Shannon, for snapping and editing a few spur of the moment pics for me! LOVE SHAN!!!!)
Have a fantastic 4th of July and I hope you enjoy some FIREWORKS, too!!!