Welcome to The Mixer or #MTMmixer as we are known on Twitter at G+, We are so happy to have you. We hope you'll link up and plan to stick around awhile. The last month has taught us a little lesson about hosting a blog hop:
There's a fine line between getting the word out and coming across as spammy.
Blog hops aren't for everyone--shirking our invite is no sweat off our back. BUT, it's kind of unnerving when someone with a large following snubs you--and does so in a way that comes across as, to put it nicely, kind of rude.
Live and Learn, I say...SO you may not see as many personal invites from us from now on, BUT know that we want you here and we want the hop to grow and grow. The more the merrier, as they say! So keep tweeting and inviting for us. It sounds better coming from you! ;) Plus it gives you a better chance of snagging our Life of the Party Hostess spot! RIGHT? Tweet
What'd you miss this week?
Well...Janene reminded us of a favorite Christmastime tradition: HOLIDAY MOVIE NIGHT! Do you have a can't miss movie that you must see this time of year?
I finished an excellent book this week. Did you know that More Than Mommies has a book club? We meet in "real life" but post a recap so all of our "virtual" friends can join in the fun! Love to read? Check us out!
Janene's family's magic elves are in full affect at her house. She's been posting pics of their hijinks on her Instragram feed. And we got an Elf this year too (first year for us!). He just arrived yesterday and that little guy has been the HIGHLIGHT of the month. I was kind of opposed to the whole elf phenomonen, until now. (Mostly because I am slightly lazy) But he really is helping me to cast off some of my seasonal blues--I wish he could help me cast off some of my extra weight (darned Halloween Peanut Butter Cups.) The girls are beyond excited.
You can check out some elf ideas on our Pinterest board...and I'm sure I'll be posting pics on my Instagram feed as well. If you'd like a new IG follower...you can leave your handle in the comments. Janene and I will check you out.
Oh! And we picked the winner of our Mixer Giveaway from last week -- Congrats, Ronda!
Now that we're caught up...
The Ins and Outs of The Mixer:
Our Mixer is designed to help you check out and share Blogs, Facebook pages, Twitter Handles and Pinterest Boards! You can jump on all the Linkys or only the ones that you feel like doing this week. We will be here each week: so maybe you want to do GFC on your blog this week and Facebook next week, then hit up the Twitter Boards and Pinterest Boards the week after that. It's totally up to you!
Here are the "rules"
(Don't make us post bouncers at the door.)
- Follow your Hostesses - Christine and Janene from More Than Mommies
- Follow our Co-Hostess - Stephanie at When Crazy Meets Exhaustion
- Follow the Life of The Party - Dani at Cloudy With a Chance of Wine is our lucky tweeter in the spot this week. (we choose a different Life of The Party EVERY week! All you have to do to be in the running is Tweet about us using the #MTMmixer hashtag - Tweet #MTMmixer
- Follow our Mixologist - In lucky spot #36 this week is our Mixologist, Monica from Monica's Mom Musings. Every week we will choose one participant to get our party started at the #4 slot. All you have to do is link up (and follow the "rules") to be considered!
- Follow the person directly BEFORE you on the hop!
- Finally, we ask that you post one (or both!) of the following buttons in either a post or on your sidebar to let other people know where you are partying today!
The fastest way to see success for your blog in a blog hop is to head on over to other blogs, comment, follow and ask them to swing by and party at your place!
Rest assured, Christine and I will visit each and every person who links up and we will follow you back! We couldn't be more excited to get to know you and visit your "homes" on-line!
So what are you waiting for? (Me to stop rambling, right?) Jump in and let the MiXiNG begin!!!
Link up your Blog or Blog posts here for GFC or RSS:
Link up your Facebook Page:
Link up your Twitter Handle:
Link up your Pinterest Boards:
Visit Our Wonderful Highlight Sponsor of the Month:
(To See Your Blog or Business Here, visit our Sponsor Us page)